[ExI] Revealed: how Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 12:13:10 UTC 2013

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 09:09:22 +1200, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Source?  That smells like something people claim, but things actually don't
> work that way.  TCP/IP parts of most systems are separate from the CPU -
> and are, in fact, part of the OS.

Sorry for the double reply, but just did a quick Google and found this if you want to know more...

http://www.realvnc.com/company/press/news/intel-kvm.html

So the questions PC users have to ask is - is this software embedded on just the Vpro core CPUs, or do all Intel Core CPUs have this software on die, and Intel keeps quite about that fact.
Except for providing say all Five Eyes spy agencies with a secret backdoor universal login.

With all the news going on lately regarding  global snooping I fear the answer is the not the one we computer users would most like to hear.

I would of course love to be proven conclusively wrong about all this.

Anyone?