[ExI] SINGULARITY ALERT: Fast image processing algorithm.

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Wed Jul 24 21:31:47 UTC 2013

Here's the free article:
http://research.google.com/pubs/pub40814.html

I believe that this is a very significant development because it shows
an important cognitive process being implemented on a single desktop
machine, not even a server, cluster, or mainframe.

I have only skimmed the article so far, but it seems to have the general
characteristics of what I believe to be the ideal intelligence
algorithm. (the same techniques should be applicable to all cognitive
functions). This has a number of implications, first human level
intelligence should be feasible with less than a half-million dollars of
hardware. Second, it means that AGI systems will out-perform human
intelligence by a factor of about a million, considering the problems of
low-level emulation of dendritic arbors.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.