[ExI] sanity and connectedness, was: RE: list test

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 08:31:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Anders Sandberg  wrote:
<snip>
> It seems to me that sensor fusion is the way to go: use pictures, animations, recorded birdsong,
> whatever to help focus the search. One could use something like
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/torralba/tinyimages/ or
> http://googleresearch.blogspot.se/2013/06/fast-accurate-detection-of-100000.html to do an overall
> guess at what kind of critter it is, then apply local expert software to narrow things down.
> In many cases it will just tell you "some kind of cincidelid" or "little brown thing" due to lack of
> information, but I suspect it will be amazingly good under the right circumstances.
>
> I think we will get the system eventually. And probably sooner than it looks.

Hmmm.  Agreed. And note that something similar will be available for
the human species as well.

Face recognition, linked database analyses, Twitter, Facebook, Forums,
public criminal records, genealogy, etc.
When someone wearing Google Glass looks at you, your past history will
be streaming through their screen.
When someone from the FBI or NSA looks at you, he will know what you
had for breakfast this morning.

The privacy enthusiasts are saying that 'off-grid' is the only answer.
Anything using the web will be public knowledge.

Vive le transparent society!

BillK