[ExI] lists going quiet, was: RE: list test

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Jul 29 19:17:59 UTC 2013

spike wrote:

> MB, are you taking into account that many of your hippest
> hipsters whose
> commentary ignites the biggest online discussions are
> migrating over to
> darknets?

To be honest I think so much more information is readily
available now (online) that various lists have not so much
purpose, but the connection of the people involved in
certain interests remains important.

In one case, the list is for researchers, students, and
medical personnel whose focus is venomous creatures.  In
the past the list owner (medical research) kept things
hopping, but he died unexpectedly in a surgical situation.
 Now instead of a consistent medium-low stream of
information, discussion and conversation, there are
occasional very small flurries of questions and answers or
comments on some news item.

I am not a researcher, student, or medical person and am
not in any position to present new material. I merely keep
an eye out for spammers, screen new members, bits of list
cleanup.  It saddens me to see the list stutter into
silence.

Regards,
MB