[ExI] FTL question

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 02:12:26 UTC 2013

To the best of my knowledge, it does not.  It is more accurate to say that
it potentially accelerates the speed at which causality can propagate,
along the direction it travels.

For example, let us take points A and B, one light second apart.  A
spaceship with a warp drive starts at A, quickly (for sake of discussion,
close enough to "instantly") comes up to speed, then arrives at B less than
a second later as a direct result.

This does not violate causality.  In the reference frames of both points,
there was a cause (the engine activating) and then there was an effect (the
ship arriving at B), even if B might not receive the light detailing the
cause until after the effect happened.  (Which is to say, causality
propagated faster than light.)