[ExI] 23andme again

Brian Manning Delaney listsb at infinitefaculty.org
Sun Jun 2 14:39:39 UTC 2013

El 2013-06-01 19:20, spike escribió:
> [...]

[....]

> Max, your comment is an excellent blessing for fellow 23ers: May the
> sequencing reveal you have low-risk genes.

Agreed!

My results have changed my life fundamentally. I got all four categories
of health risk news: expected good, unexpected good, expected bad, and
unexpected bad. The "unexpecteds", both good but esp. bad, have
necessitated a radical rewrite of my health program.

But my main reaction, despite some unexpected bad news, has been: This
is so cool!

23andMe's health reports just scratch the surface of course. One has to
run Promethease, join PGP, and so on, to begin to see the possibilities
this information about your genes offers. And the information grows in
value rapidly as research continues.

"Citizen science" projects -- outside of 23andMe's own projects -- are
now being discussed among various 23andMe customers. These could be
extremely powerful as more people get sequenced. The possibilities are
extraordinary.

Brian