[ExI] [ZS] [cryo] Nick Bostrom, Anders Sandberg, Stuart Armstrong to be frozen after death

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 17:28:49 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Florent Berthet wrote:
<snip>
> I don't expect anybody to be perfect all the time - I'm certainly not - but
> spending £50,000 for selfish reasons is highly debatable, to say the least,
> especially coming from people whose job is to raise awareness on important
> issues (one issue being the underfunding of high-impact science). I'm sure
> there is a better explanation. Anders?

The best explanation is that humans are not rational.

Decisions are made before our conscious mind becomes aware of it. Then
once your consciousness has received a decision it sets about
generating the best looking reasons for the decision. And, boy, is it
good at creating rationalizations!

You are asking the cryonics people for their best set of reasons.
Google it - you can find many reasons for and against. Choose the ones
(for and against) that suit your self-image.

BillK