[ExI] [ZS] [cryo] Nick Bostrom, Anders Sandberg, Stuart Armstrong to be frozen after death

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:26:26 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013  Florent Berthet <florent.berthet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I try to do the good thing and I spend very little

Well I guess you're just a selfless being. I am not a selfless being and
have no desire to become one.

> I don't expect anybody to be perfect all the time - I'm certainly not -
> but spending £50,000 for selfish reasons is highly debatable, to say the
> least,

It's odd, if somebody spent that much money on a car or a boat or even a
funeral nobody would bat an eye even though at the end of the ceremony the
center of atention is just as dead as he was when it started, but spend it
on Cryonics and people go into a tizzy.

> I'm sure there is a better explanation. Anders?

Anders is not required to explain his actions to you.

  John K Clark