[ExI] 23andme again

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jun 13 14:03:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 09:53:26AM -0400, James Clement wrote:

> Coming soon to an AI near you: it will likely be possible in the near
> future to create a very accurate simulated (not emulated) prediction
> machine for each of us based on our search history, email history, social
> network (written and photographic) and credit card histories, that can
> fairly accurately predict what choices you'd make in given circumstances.

And it will be used to maximize profits (not your profits, of course),
which is why you should make sure to keep that information private.

More interestingly, we're in touching distance of engineering
future behaviour of human groups, using methods related to
building numerical models of instrumented biological neural
networks.

If you can predict the thing you can influence it.