[ExI] Declaration of subservience

spike spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jun 16 05:10:14 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of spike

>...  When the new guys arrive, I suspect we will find the right is just as
corruptible as the left...spike

Here you go, a perfect example of what I meant when I commented it is power
that corrupts, regardless of where they are on the political spectrum.
Current VP Joe Biden was all against NSA surveillance until he became the
one with the power.  Then it is suddenly OK.  It would all be a big joke
except for the growing possibility that our current president may be leaving
office in disgrace within a year, with scandals closing in on all fronts.
In that case, this Joe Biden becomes the next president.

For your Saturday evening entertainment:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/11/biden-in-2006-dont-count-me-in-on-trusting
-nsa-phone-call-surveillance/

Biden in 2006: 'Don't count me in' on trusting NSA phone call surveillance
11:21 PM 06/11/2013

Back in 2006, in an appearance on CBS's "The Early Show," then-Democratic
Delaware Sen. Joe Biden railed against the controversial National Security
Administration program to monitor domestic phone calls.

Biden likened the program to blind faith in giving up personal financial
information.

"I don't think it passes the test, but it clearly doesn't pass the test of
two existing statutes that say you can't do these kinds of things,
forgetting the fourth amendment," Biden said on CBS's May 12, 2006 "The
Early Show."

"And, Harry [Smith], the bottom line here is: Here you have the president of
the United States making a judgment that's not reviewable by the courts and
not reviewable by the Congress, and we're supposed to say OK, and they tell
us - it's a little bit like what would happen if the banks turned over all
your checking records, without your name, but gave the checking account
number and every single purchase you made and pattern of your behavior - and
then you were told, 'Don't worry, they - that's not invasion of your
privacy.'"

Biden, who as vice president has been quiet on the recent revelations about
NSA seizure of phone records from major providers, then made the same
argument many are making today - that seizing records of calls made, even
without listening to the specific calls, can be an invasion of privacy.

"Harry, I don't have to listen to your phone calls to know what you're
doing," Biden said. "If I know every single phone call you made, I'm able to
determine every single person you talk to, I can get a pattern about your
life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here is: What do
they do with this information that they collect that does not have anything
to do with al Qaeda? There's a whole deal when you talk about this kind of
stuff, where the - under the law they're supposed to demonstrate that
they're getting rid of and not keeping any extraneous information that they
pick up on wiretaps and/or pick up in sweeps like this. And the president's
saying-I think I wrote down - he said, `this is not mining or trolling.' If
it's true that 200 million Americans' phone calls were monitored, in terms
of not listening to what they said but to whom they spoke and who spoke to
them, I don't know, the Congress should investigate this."

Biden told "The Early Show" host Harry Smith that he did not care to put
trust in then-President George W. Bush and then-Vice President Dick Cheney.

"We have - no one's arguing whether or not you have the right to go out and
tap and go and do everything you need to do to track down al Qaida. That's
not the question here. Years ago, Harry, I was one of those guys that
co-sponsored the bill called FISA, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance
Act. Everyone I've spoken to, who's been briefed on this matter, says that
everything that they want to do to deal with al Qaida is able to be done
under FISA and maybe with a small amendment to FISA. But this idea that no
court will review, no Congress will know and we're going to trust the
president and the vice president of the United States, that they're doing
the right thing, don't count me in on that."

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/11/biden-in-2006-dont-count-me-in-on-trusting
-nsa-phone-call-surveillance/#ixzz2WLuTWfwA