[ExI] State crackdown on Bitcoin?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 24 12:27:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 01:05:05PM +0100, BillK wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Giulio Prisco  wrote:
> > The BTC Foundation is a public relation front-end. Bitcoin is the
> > people using Bitcoin, there is not much that they can do to stop them.
> >

> You appear to be under the mistaken impression that the rule of law
> still applies in the USA.

The only law the Internet understands are ACLs, and there's no
way to ACL an adaptively mutating protocol save of cripping
the Internet as know it. (The Bluecoat approach: we block
everything we don't know, and we don't know anything else
but the World Wide Web).

If you see this happen, feel free to use the guns you've
stockpiled. This is the time where you need to start shooting
the bastards.