[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 24 16:38:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 09:27:20AM -0700, Keith Henson wrote:

> If you can upload to hardware, there is no reason I can think of that
> you could not be downloaded back into a body with full memory of what
> you did while in the uploaded state.  There is no reason you should

There is a good reason -- you're talking to a Believer, who thinks
that would irreversibly kill him. This is like LDS members, who'd rather
die than accept blood transfusion as a life-saving measure.

No amount of argumentation will help where belief is involved.
People are weird, nothing to see there, let's move on.