[ExI] 23andme again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 00:06:13 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> So who "outed" my cousin's father?  Did I do it?  Or was it 23andMe?  If
> both, would that be 23andMe and me?  Or was it grandma, who went through the
> old family bible and recorded it all into a software family tree such as
> Ancestral Quest, then submitted the file to Ancestry dot com?  Or was it
> Facebook, who gave me the place and date of my cousin's birth, something she
> didn't offer to me personally, but published it to the whole world?  Or was
> it Spokeo, which is really little more than the modern analog of a phonebook
> except with a loooot more information in it?

If you wanted to be that for-profit joker I mentioned, I offer this
name and slogan

23andWe:  Don't do it alone.

Between now and that EZ button service offered directly from 23andMe,
you have plenty of proles who would rather spend another $99 to have
you do the modest digging.  My guess is that few cases would really
require more than that.

(ok, so they might not like the riff on their name)