[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Tue Jun 25 00:58:59 UTC 2013

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> 1. Muster a pose and go after people who would advocate that outcome or
>> policies that would inevitably lead to that outcome.
> ### OK, let's see - Google is developing AI. IBM is developing AI.
> NSA, the Chinese, Russians, Japanese, and their uncle are developing
> AI. You want to take on Google, IBM, USG *and* China?
>
> Count me out of your posse.

I want to develop AI too because I think AI can actually be used for
good things. =P

AI does not imply that everyone will inevitably be destructively
uploaded a week and a half later. It does not even imply that the
nanites will eat everything. It simply means we have a Bigger Lever to
get things done. There are many many interesting things to do with an AI.

-- mind meld with it using a BCI.

-- give it completely innocuous motivations and a relatively week desire
to do anything at all...

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.