[ExI] 23andme again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 00:07:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> It is clear to me now what I should have pondered a bit more to start with:
> 23andMe empowers people and governments.  This can be either a good thing or
> a bad thing, or both.  I am fascinated and appalled at the same time, which
> is an odd emotion indeed.

Thank you for sharing your buyer's remorse.  I have no doubt my DNA
may have been extracted from the blood work I had for a cholesterol
test.  At least the nefarious & stealthy sampling isn't connected to
nearly public databases.  I'm sure the rest of my information profile
is a business asset too.  I'd be as willing to spend $99 to keep my
DNA/id out of databases as you were to add it into one (likely
several)