[ExI] sequestration: was RE: Progress

spike spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 1 16:20:26 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike

>.Anders it was a great relief to see your post midnight (PST) comments, for
it indicated the world had not come to an end.  The Keynsians were assuring
us that if sequestration were not averted, the apocalypse would be upon us.
spike

OK, so this is what anarchy feels like.  Oh, the humanity, he wept.

As a result of a 48 billion dollar cut in this fiscal year's reckless
government spending (out of an approximately 3.8 trillion dollar outlay) we
are assured that THE END is upon us.  Representative Maxine Waters warned
that it would result in the loss of 170 million jobs.  I will confess that
the words million, billion and trillion do rhyme, however the American
people have collectively called bullshit on their own government.  I
collected a few of my favorite quotes from the usual suspects:

"A few hours of fitful sleep, the sound of sirens and screams of the victims
of the Barackalypse rending the night air . . . I saw their fires in the
dark, savagery swiftly tearing away the thin veneer of civilization only
government diversity programs provided."  Rick Wilson

"The #sequester may now join the Mayan Calendar and the Y2K bug in the
"[Stuff] Everyone Survived" Hall of Fame."  Brandon Morse

"OH MY GOD THERE ARE GOVERNMENT WORKERS SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTING ALL OVER
THE PLACE, THIS IS HORRIBLE, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP" He added, "BREAKING:
CALIFORNIA DECLARES WAR ON OREGON; KENTUCKY LAUNCHES SNEAK ATTACK ON
TENNESSEE. MASS CHAOS."  Brendan Loy

"Just looked out the window. Five hedge fund guys fighting over a piece of
raw meat."  John Podhoretz

"It wasn't until I ate my neighbor's pancreas that I realized president
Obama was right about the sequester."  Jonah

"Nothing to worry about! I grabbed my double barrel shotgun & blasted
#sequester through the door, just like the VP said."  Sebastian

"I don't think my neighbors are taking sequestration seriously. They're
giving me weird looks and making fun of my war paint and loincloth."  Becket
Adams