[ExI] bees again

spike spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 4 02:12:44 UTC 2013

>... On Behalf Of spike

>...Please do your part: stop buying honey.  If you are moved to do more
than your part, post to friends and family on your distribution and ask them
to stop eating honey as well.  Explain your reasoning, or forward my post if
you wish...spike

In case there are any here laboring under the illusion that honey is
healthier than sugar, do let me assure you, from the point of view of your
digestive system it is indistinguishable from sugar or corn syrup.  The bees
do better on their own honey however, and are less susceptible to trace
amounts of pesticides and herbicides if we don't give them corn syrup to
replace the honey they take from them.  Health food enthusiasts, I do urge
you to do without sweetener rather than use honey.

The imidacloprid theory might be wrong, the evidence ambiguous, but it does
explain the swarm I saw apparently lost and perishing of exposure, as well
as maaany dying bees this year, so it might be right.  I would suggest we
not risk contributing to crashing the bee population by buying high-priced
honey, which caused bees to be fed with contaminated corn syrup.  If we
crash the bee population, we get little fruit.  The consequences will be
most unpleasant.