[ExI] bees again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:26:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM, spike  wrote:
<snip>
> If people stop buying
> honey (much of which is likely counterfeit anyway, or is being mixed with
> corn syrup) then the price of honey will drop, making it less financially
> attractive for the beekeepers to extract.

I've just noticed a report that says your much-loved sushi is probably
counterfeit as well.

<http://wtfrly.com/2013/03/04/first-horsemeat-trading-now-59-of-tuna-sold-in-the-u-s-isnt-tuna/>
Quote:
New Study Shows 59% of “Tuna” Sold in the U.S. Isn’t Tuna

This is just the latest revelation in the stealth inflation and food
fraud theme I have written about frequently in recent months.  The
non-profit group Oceana took samples of 1,215 fish sold in the U.S.
and genetic tests found that that 59% of those labeled tuna were
mislabelled.