[ExI] Fermi's Paradoxical Politburo

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 18:29:04 UTC 2013

On 9 March 2013 16:09, The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Try this outlandish hypothesis on for size: intelligent civiizations
> stagnate when technological advancement becomes illegal.

This is a distinct possibility for our species, especially if its
populations are not allowed to go on competing amongst them.

As to the paradox in general, I am inclined to adopt a variant of Wolfram's
position, namely:
- life or intelligence are nothing special, really, the second in
particolar being largely pervasive and ubiquitous, and being nothing else
but computation;
- our view thereof remains however way too anthropomorphic, and given the
spaceset of evolutionary and computational paths in comparison with the
spaceset of systems in our event horizon, we are indeed unlikely to get in
touch with something we would recognise as a "civilisation" anytime soon.

--
Stefano Vaj