[ExI] cyprus banks

spike spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 18 05:29:31 UTC 2013

I don't know what to make of this notion of Cyprus taxing bank deposits.  I
would have never thought such a thing would even be discussed, for fear that
it would cause immediate bank runs everywhere in Cyprus, starting Tuesday
when they open, and rippling outward with Greece next, then Ireland,
Portugal, Spain, possibly Italy.

Europeans, do feel free to comment, or not:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100560852

Any rescue attempt I would think would need to come from those who own
property, not those who own currency.  Reasoning: they have just
incentivized the Cypriots and pretty much everyone else holding euros to
convert them to metals.