[ExI] Ultra-cryonics

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Mar 19 13:33:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 09:17:30AM -0400, David Lubkin wrote:
> Eugen wrote:
>
>> Cryonics is currently expensive and unsafe enough.
>> No need to add rockets to that mix.
>         :
>> Why would you want to?
>
> You  and Anders have made an incorrect assumption.  (But, thank you

I think we've made the right assumption: if you're already out there,
you won't need to be suspended. You're mostly likely solid state to
start with, so any "suspension" is instantly reversible.

> Anders, for answering anyway.)
>
> Grandpa is already out there.

Then, he won't need to be suspended.

> The scenario is that humans have settled in the Kuiper belt and then in the

Sorry, not gonna happen. Moon and Mars maybe, everything else,
it's for solid-state. Monkeys don't travel well.