[ExI] Better Bodies?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Mar 21 20:01:50 UTC 2013

What resources to you believe as consequential for convincing people that we
need better bodies?  So much is written, but not so much forms a solid base
of evidence.

For example, yesterday I was watching Dr. Oz.  He has a guest who he said
was the world's authority on health and living longer. How does he know
this? Dr. Oz is convinced that this man has the perfect diet for living
longer (and it rhymes!):  Dark Greens and Beans!  The guest expert stated
that if you follow his diet "You will never be sick again".    Okay we know
this is BS. But where is the real evidence that we need better bodies?

The larger issue we are facing is how to convince people that we need
interventions to engineer better bodies. Stem cells, nanomedicine, etc.

So, let me ask you:  What evidence do you have that we need better bodies
(graphs, statistics, charges, academic papers, your own expert opinions,
etc.)?

Thanks,

Natasha

 <http://www.natasha.cc/> Natasha Vita-More, PhD

esDESiGN_email

Co-Editor: The Transhumanist Reader (Wiley-Blackwell Pub.) Available at
Amazon!
<http://www.amazon.com/Transhumanist-Reader-Contemporary-Technology-Philosop
hy/dp/1118334310/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363616965&sr=1-1&keywords=t
he+transhumanist+reader>