[ExI] peak fossil by 2020

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:26:48 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> The cliff won't arrive until a resource is not available at any price.

The day when energy is not available at any price is not far off if the
green people have their way, and that exposes the inherent contradiction in
their position. Let's assume for the sake of argument the the
environmentalists are 100% correct about the dangers inherent in nuclear
energy, but lets also assume they are correct about the energy shortage
catastrophe that will destroy civilization and kill most people; in that
case I say lets slap together nuclear reactors just as fast as we can and I
don't give a damn if there is a Fukushima level nuclear disaster every
goddamned day.

What about renewable energy like solar I hear you say, well it doesn't
work. Bosch is getting out of the solar energy business and the largest
photovoltaic manufacture in the world just declared bankruptcy because even
with ridiculous tax incentives that distort reality in its favor, with
existing technology photovoltaics can not produce electricity at anywhere
near the price that fossil fuel or nuclear reactors can; powering a steel
blast furnace with a windmill is not practical either. And thorium reactors
are just as renewable as solar is, we will run out of thorium on the earth
about the same time as we run out of hydrogen in the sun.

> Then the war starts.

I could be wrong but it sounds to me like you can't wait for that to happen
and for the masses to get their just punishment for their profligate ways.
Environmentalists are like preachers in that both like to talk about the
horrors of hell.

  John K Clark