[ExI] peak fossil by 2020

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Mar 28 16:24:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 09:10:55AM -0700, spike wrote:

> The reason I do not worry about spontaneous clathrate conversion is that the

Most of clathrates are in the shelf. It's the pressure and the cold
that keeps the champaigne from uncorking itself.

http://updatednews.ca/2011/12/14/giant-plumes-of-methane-bubbling-to-surface-of-arctic-ocean/

If we play this game right we might even pull an
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anoxic_event

But they typically only last about half a megayear.