[ExI] Bosch exits Solar business in Germany

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:42:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> I haven't seen any details anywhere, or any suggestion for how graphene
> could somehow overcome the 27 bar osmotic pressure of seawater to fresh.

Have a couple reports, though these seem to grade in terms of
liters per (other things and) pressure.  This suggests they would
work regardless of pressure, just work better at higher pressures.

http://phys.org/news/2012-06-nanoporous-graphene-outperform-commercial-desalination.html
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adfm.201202601/abstract

> The takeaway is that we need to beware of the claims being made for
> graphene.  It is really cool stuff, but it can't do magic.

Isn't this the case for any new material? :)