[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

spike spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 1 03:24:39 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:25 PM
To: 'ExI chat list'
Subject: Re: [ExI] Digital Consciousness .

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty

>...btw, spike:  what do you propose for the name of the unit of
quantitative measure of a quale?  (not to be confused with Quayle)

>...Dunno.  Quant is taken.  Quante?  Many quante are a quantia?

Rather, I had only one quante, but now I have a bunch of quantia.

As in many soft sciences, as soon as we can get some kind of hard numbers,
the credibility of the field and my own confidence in it goes up
dramatically.  I am more a numbers guy than a words guy.