[ExI] Digital Consciousness

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri May 3 23:10:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> OK, I see but I am not ready to concede that point.  My contention is that
> if we go down deep enough, we can eventually sim everything that is going on
> in an organic brain, everything no exceptions full stop.
>
> If that principle is false or there is some fundamental reason why it cannot
> be, then all our hopes and dreams of cryonic reanimation are nothing but a
> fart in a hurricane.

### You seem to be saying that cryonics works if and only if
"non-computable properties of brain" corresponds to an empty set.  I
would say you would need to differentiate between "non-computable and
relevant" and "non-computable and irrelevant". All we need for
cryonics to work in principle is the former to be an empty set.

Rafal