[ExI] Digital Consciousness

Gordon gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 12:20:54 UTC 2013

Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote;

>> It was just a fad, in my opinion. Brains are not like digital computers.
>> Brains are biological organs, not fundamentally different from livers or
>> kidneys.

>You misunderstand the analogy. Of course brains are not digital computers.

You need to understand the computational model of mind. Computationalists believe the brain is best understood, even if only figuratively, as a digital computer that runs thoughts over the hardware of the brain in a manner analogous to how digital computers run software over hardware. That is the point of it.

Gordon