[ExI] quantia game

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Sat May 4 13:56:08 UTC 2013

On 04/05/2013 05:51, Dan wrote:
> Actually, that does make sense, since, as far as I know, there aren't
> human examples of people with messed up opponents, such as red-yellow
> but still having full color (for humans) vision from, say, a
> neurological condition. Or are there?

Not that I know of. People with cerebral achromatoptsia seem to be
living in a world that is "drab" or shades of grey, including loss of
memory of how the colors ever looked  (see Sacs and Wasserman, "The Case
of the Colorblind Painter",
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~oguns/school/psychology/Articles/colorblindpainter.pdf
<http://www.csh.rit.edu/%7Eoguns/school/psychology/Articles/colorblindpainter.pdf>
)

Likely this is because the different complements are not physically
separated much in the brain, so damage affects them all (unlike the P
and M channel separation, which allows damage to motion and color to be
separate, http://bob.kentridge.info/PDFs/2003/HeywoodKentridge2003.pdf
). However, this paper suggests a hue-dependent failure:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8247229
There is plenty of weird things going on.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute