[ExI] Digital Consciousness .

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun May 5 15:24:47 UTC 2013

On 24 April 2013 11:15, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmmm.  It seems to me that by relying on empirical observation you
> are forced to reject much of human creation.
> For example, pretty much all of philosophy, schools of thought and
> belief systems. Political theory, ethics and ideologies all have to be
> dismissed as unquantifiable.

I beg to differ.

Political theory, ethics and ideologies are well within the camp of
empirical observation. So are religions, arts, superstitions, social norms,
languages and so forth.

To study the cultural appreciation of the Monna Lisa or the belief in the
Invisible Pink Unicorn or the effect of marxism in European history you
need not assess any especially ineffable qualities thereof.

--
Stefano Vaj