[ExI] Transhumanists Map

spike spike at rainier66.com
Thu May 9 21:57:57 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of James Clement
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:45 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] Transhumanists Map

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Giovanni Santostasi <gsantostasi at gmail.com>
wrote:

Done.

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM, James Clement <clementlawyer at gmail.com>
wrote:

I recently came across a similar map for a group I was interested in, and
thought this was something that we could really use for Transhumanists.
Please add your location, with identifying info, to this:
http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=562692

Thanks,

James

James Clement

Awesome Giovanni. Thanks!

James if there is less than an overwhelming response to the map, it is
likely intentional, a result of a vague uneasiness with telling the whole
world where we live.  I have successfully used zeemaps in other forums, such
as motorcycle groups and mathematics groups, places where we really don't
share our innermost thoughts and feelings, as are often seen on ExI-chat.
Nothing against you at all, and we think the world of you pal.  I will
gladly tell you, James Clement, where I live if you contact me offlist, and
I hope we can go to lunch somewhere locally.  I probably won't put a pin on
the map for the rest of the world to see.

Alternate suggestion: start a map with this group and the question 'Where
are you from?'  Then the person interprets it however they like: where they
were born, or where they misspent their childhood, or even where they would
like to have been from or want to go, etc.