[ExI] old video

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat May 11 18:46:55 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Google, with YouTube and Google+ has the infrastructure in place to do
> this today.
>
> Facebook did a facial recognition thing, but that didn't go over well.
> Don't remember the details, though.

As I recall, it was the privacy wonks who messed up this approach. Your
idea would run into the same problems, so I don't think the privacy wonks
would allow your idea to be implemented on the level of Facebook or Google.

However, all is not lost, as there is this wonderful sight called
ancestry.com and I'd bet all my cookies that they will be doing exactly
this sort of thing in a few years. Funny how when you call it genealogy,
you can get away with violating privacy rights. Oh well, when you are dead
what need have you of privacy any more?

-Kelly