[ExI] Whatever happened to peak oil by 2020?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:32:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> I have absolutely no further interest in this thread.

### I must say that my degree of enthusiasm also diminished after
reading your claims that "we *must* use only renewables" (emphasis
mine) to deal with "peak fossil in 2020" (only 7 years away), or that
the EROEI is the defining parameter of our future, all this against a
background of falling energy prices, slowing population growth, and
multiple sources describing hundred- or thousand-year reserves of
various non-renewable energy sources.

I always assume that officials, companies and governments lie and
exaggerate but rarely by thousand-percent margins. It doesn't happen
often but, yeah, in this case I trust the US government more than I
trust your judgment.

Rafal