[ExI] Bitcoins Again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 21:55:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> The network is automatically adjusted to target the creation of 7200
> bitcoins per day (though it varies both up and down, this is the average
> that the math attempts to maintain).
>
> So, you currently need to do 41.385 TeraHashes to create a bitcoin, on
> average. This makes sense since 7200 is about twice the number of seconds in
> a day... So far, I think my math is about right.

7200 is not "about" - it IS twice the number of seconds in an HOUR.

60s * 60m * 24h = 86400s per day / 7200 bitcoins per day = 12 seconds
per bitcoin

if that's at 82.77TH/s then 993.24TH = 1BTC

I wonder what else humanity might be doing with such resources if not
competing for shares of the future?  Or if ultimately that's what
we're doing no matter what we use to measure the shares...  hmm.