[ExI] living philosphers of import

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu May 16 17:16:37 UTC 2013

On 12 May 2013 19:47, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Hmm, take my comments with a grain of salt, since I am actually embedded
> in the field and know them (bias galore).

You *do* sound biased, but mainly in the sense that you seem to take into
consideration only Anglosaxon or Anglosaxon style and concept of philosophy
- Peter Sloterdijk being a very interesting exception, but, hey, he is a
closet transhumanist, after all... :-)

But there are plenty of other philosophers around in continental Europe.
While in France "philosophe" is since the Enlightenment often just a
synonim with "intellectual and polemist", we have Habermas, Cacciari,
Deleuze, Cotta, Žižek, Glucksmann, Severino, Lyotard, Vattimo, and many
others who are always in print and are well known also to the general
public.

--
Stefano Vaj