[ExI] D-Wave's Quantum Computer

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Wed May 22 20:45:33 UTC 2013

Scott Aaronson, the official chief D-Wave Skeptic and all-around smart
guy, has a nice post where he tears into the issue: (starts below the
two updates at the top)
http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=1400

He thinks we are *finally* seeing evidence for quantum behaviour, but
has arguments why there was no real speed advantage over classical
simulated annealing, and points out that if the hype cycle continues
like it has, soon we will end up with a "quantum winter" where the
entire field will be regarded as a hopeless chimera.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute