[ExI] Gold

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun May 26 10:00:08 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 05:54:43PM -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
> Eugen Leitl wrote:
> >>or wherever will likely mean that space enterprises and space settlers
> >There won't be any space settlers. All the settling and processing
> >will be done by solid state.
>
> I find that statement profoundly offensive. It implies that some
> agency will exterminate all other forms of life and modes of

I'm quite gotten used to such slander from Alan, but for the
benefit of others: absolutely not. It's a simple consequence
of physics of space travel.

Which is why space probes have left the solar system, while
suited primates just barely visited the very next gravity well.

So no "A new life awaits you in the off-world colonies!
A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!'.