[ExI] How to build a happier brain

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 04:06:10 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > I would submit that John F Kennedy was more conservative than anyone in
>> government today. Including the Tea Party "fanatics" and the Libertarians.
>>

> In my opinion John F Kennedy was the greatest president the USA ever had,
> and I would still say that even if he'd been a total fuckup every day of
> his presidency except for the 13 days between October 14 and 28 1962,
> because those were the days of the Cuban Missile Crisis, the closest the
> human race has come to extinction since the eruption of Mt. Toba in
> Indonesia 75,000 years ago.

A reasonable argument. Then there's also that little thing about sending
men to the moon. It was Camelot for science. Science has suffered a lot at
the hands of the Creationist political right since that time. Too bad.
Science shouldn't be political.

Case in point, one rather big piece of news for those who wonder if global
warming is really all that big a deal today...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2485772/Global-warming-pause-20-years-Arctic-sea-ice-started-recover.html
Now before you all go forgetting how to do math because of your politics,
remember this paper was peer-reviewed for the journal Climate Dynamics.

-Kelly