[ExI] kepler study says 8.8e9 earthlike planets

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 18:06:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM, spike  wrote:
<snip>
> But if negative feedback loops eventually dominate our intelligence model,
> then all we are is dust in the wind.

If what we see in the universe is real, then nothing we see is
rearranging nature.

Perhaps it is the light speed time delay. Suddenly next year the light
will reach us and the universe will burst into life. But due to
differing development times throughout our galaxy and the universe, I
think this is unlikely. But it is possible!

If life is not space-faring then it must have a good reason to stay home.
Intelligence fails, self-destruction, nirvana, or we are the first or only.

I find it difficult to consider us as the peak of universe intelligence.  :)

BillK