[ExI] "Is it time for a transhumanist Olympics?"

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Wed Nov 6 23:27:26 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-06 10:16, John Grigg wrote:
> "Let a new category of athletes become the very best in their sports
> that they can become."

It sounds a bit similar to a talk we had a while ago here in Oxford:
http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/2013/10/neither-god-nor-nature-could-the-doping-sinner-be-an-exemplar-of-humanist-dignity/

Pieter argued on existentialist grounds that the doping regimen limits
sports and athletes, forcing them into a narrow and traditional concept
of the "good", "pure" and "human". He suggests instead “virtuous
exploration of bodily virtuosity” – a playful existence where we
responsibly explore biology as an open system using sport.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute