[ExI] What happens when Bitcoin goes to a million bucks?

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Nov 7 15:15:35 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Omar Rahman
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 12:09 AM
To: extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
Subject: Re: [ExI] What happens when Bitcoin goes to a million bucks?

From: Max More < <mailto:max at maxmore.com> max at maxmore.com>
To: Brent Allsop < <mailto:brent.allsop at canonizer.com>
brent.allsop at canonizer.com>, ExI chat list
                < <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>

Brent: You say that "Everyone should have at least one Bitcoin". .--Max

>.The main problem with bitcoin is precisely this: it is impossible for
everyone to have a bitcoin. The system was designed with an upper limit of
21 million coins available...unless we want to get into 'virtual' bitcoins.
;)

.Regards, Omar Rahman

Can you buy shares in a bitcoin?  Why can't we have fractional bitcoins?
Can someone with a bitcoin issue currency representing a fraction of that
bitcoin?  If I had a bitcoin and I could create a table with a limited and
fixed subdivisions, such as the letters A thru Z, then each bitcoin with
that number and an alpha would be 1/26 of that coin.  Then if someone owned
all 26 suffix letters, she could retire that and create a new closed-ended
set of subdivisions, such as cents, so that there are 100 divisions of that
coin.  I might plunk down a few bucks for a centi-bitcoin.