[ExI] What happens when Bitcoin goes to a million bucks?

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Nov 7 16:20:23 UTC 2013

Il 07/11/2013 16:15, spike ha scritto:

> Can you buy shares in a bitcoin?

You can buy any part of a bitcoin and it is your.

> Why can’t we have fractional bitcoins?

Yes, You can. Currently the smaller part you can buy is limited by the
exchanges (it must be worth at least 1$ or 0.1$ or something)

> Can someone with a bitcoin issue currency representing a
> fraction of that bitcoin?

Obviously.
1 Satoshi is 1/10.000.000 of a Bitcoin and you can get one, if you ask.
The transaction fee will be 500 time larger (1 or 2 cent) but....

> If I had a bitcoin and I could create a table
> with a limited and fixed subdivisions, such as the letters A thru Z,
> then each bitcoin with that number and an alpha would be 1/26 of that
> coin.  Then if someone owned all 26 suffix letters, she could retire
> that and create a new closed-ended set of subdivisions, such as cents,
> so that there are 100 divisions of that coin.  I might plunk down a few
> bucks for a centi-bitcoin.

You can do it now.
Just buy 10 milliBitcoin (3$).

Mirco