[ExI] What happens when Bitcoin goes to a million bucks?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:44:39 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:

> Il 07/11/2013 20:58, Kelly Anderson ha scritto:
>
> > How do you see the Singularity as being tied to Bitcoin? (Real question,
> > not rhetorical.) I just bought my first bitcoins the other day. I will
> > buy more soon if I can.
>
> Autonomous Corporations first and AI (and Augmented Humans) later need a
> way to cooperate. Or this is done in a way we are not able to understand
> now or it will be based on something we understand: money.
>
> Bitcoin allow unlimited payment to unlimited number of entities.
> Any AI doing something useful will be rewarded using bitcoin where any
> AI doing something harmful will be not. Just like humans are.
> So we have a way to select for useful AI: we pay them for doing
> something useful. And they pay us back if w do something useful to them.
> And if we are useful to them, they will not think about recycling us as
> Grey Goo.

Mirco,

  I can see the possibility for money surviving the Singularity. It may not
be 100% necessary, but it may be helpful. I can't see the future of money
past the Singularity, so I really can't say.

  That being said, what does Bitcoin specifically (or cryptocurrency in
general) add to the scenario that isn't provided by government backed
currencies?

-Kelly