[ExI] Dark Matter

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 17:45:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 6:58 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Next step is to price out 16 thousand square kilometers of PV panels, or
> 16 billion square meters.  Any gurus among us?

From
http://shop.mlsolar.com/50W-Solar-Panel-12V-Free-Shipping-OFF-GRID-RV-BOAT-181068755276.htmwe
have one price point, at least, of $85 for 590x665 mm, which comes to
bit under $220 per square meter.  Granted, this is better quality than the
panels you're talking about, but between discount for lower quality and
bulk purchase discount, I suspect the price wouldn't come down by more than
2 orders of magnitude and probably no more than 1.  And that's not
including the cost of the land, or the fuel processing equipment.

So, if you Kickstarter finance this, you're going to start off with much
less than 16,000 km^2.