[ExI] The post-antibiotic era

Lloyd Miller lloydmillerus at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 00:18:10 UTC 2013

To rephrase your comment about 'few economic incentives', that means that
the giant pharma companies don't see big enough profits to justify them
developing new drugs. As the report says, they stopped developing new
antibiotics in 1987. So presumably they are already making big enough
profits on existing drugs (which are now failing to cure infections).
So we will have to rely on government-funded research for new drugs.

BillK

Lloyd Sez:  No, we have to stop regulating to control prices and profits.