[ExI] How can people be so blind about Bitcoin and the future?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 07:22:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Brent Allsop
<brent.allsop at canonizer.com>wrote:

>  So why are people so compeled to bleat, believe, and act according to
> this kind of stuff?

Simple: it disrupts the world vision they have grown comfortable (and in
many cases, rich) from.

> I can't wait till all the wealth drains out of the pockets of people that
> think this way, and into the pockets of people with a little more
> intelligence than this.

That'll take a while.  Bitcoin's market volume is still just a drop in the
bucket compared to, again, that which made quite a few of these people rich
and keeps them there.  Even on an exponential curve, assuming Bitcoin grows
to somewhat bigger than the conventional markets (unlikely, given the
finite total possible number of bitcoins, unless sub-bitcoin currencies
take off in similar speed), we're probably talking multiple decades given
how far behind it is.