[ExI] Double-Earth (Was: kepler study says 8.8e9 earthlike planets)

Tomaz Kristan protokol2020 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 17:28:59 UTC 2013

Henrique:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I've read somewhere that Earth's
water comes from comets and asteroids.

Yes, so they say. But for every iron atom in the universe, there is at
least one molecule of water. So, a 100 to 1000 km deep ocean is unaccounted
for on this planet. The problem is where all the water went. Not from where
this water came from.

> And that Jupiter and Saturn attract most of the comets and asteroids to
themselves. Put the two together and then we end up with tiny moon Europa
having more than two times the water Earth has.

Exactly.

https://protokol2020.wordpress.com/