[ExI] googling around on said items

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Nov 27 01:02:51 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty
Subject: Re: [ExI] Double-Earth (Was: kepler study says 8.8e9 earthlike
planets)

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>.Hey I wonder if the feds are getting nervous watching me google around on
plutonium and uranium?

>.Probably no more than normal nervousness watching you google around.

>.They look for abnormal patterns.  As long as spike-like traffic is coming
from your residence, no alarms.

Ja, I have been looking up stuff like this for nearly 20 years.

>.Perhaps in your case if you were to suddenly cease your googling they'd
have to assume you're spending your free time assembling said items.  :)

Mike it occurred to me that the Fed doesn't care if I am googling about on
the said items.  What worries them is my pointing out that the ACA contains
specific language explicitly forbidding the IRS from any effective means of
enforcing the tax penalty for opting out of buying health insurance.  They
don't like it when citizens are informed and inform others.

That observation makes me wonder and fills me with optimism.  I am known for
being filled with baseless optimism, but I hope that the presence of the
internet can provide a more effective means than has ever existed for
citizens to keep their own governments in line.  If my notion is correct,
the nations which have the highest percentage of internet users will be
those with the lowest government corruption, because it becomes too
difficult to get away with things.  For instance, had it not been for the
internet, the current administration might have been able to get away with
the story about the Benghazi attacks being caused by a video.