[ExI] FDA Tells Google-Backed 23andMe to Halt DNA Test Service

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Nov 28 17:08:23 UTC 2013

Il 28/11/2013 17:52, Adrian Tymes ha scritto:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it
> <mailto:painlord2k at libero.it>> wrote:
>
>     Then they are able to move their business outside the US with ease, if
>     the FDA it is too much of a nuisance and keep going as nothing happened.
>

> Actually, not so much.  Google's HQ is deeply implanted in Mountain
> View, at least, and I suspect similar for its other operations centers.
> (Honestly, most multinationals just don't have the freedom to just pick
> up and move that some people claim that said multinationals threaten to
> exercise with every little regulatory thing said people disagree with.
> Put shortly, "exit rights" are a nonissue in most cases where it's
> claimed as an issue.)

I was talking about 23andMe, not Google, moving out of the US.
Sorry for not being explicit.

With all the talking about big Google rafts anchored in San Francisco, I
could suppose Google is gaining expertise in moving their facilities around.

And when you have your data-centers on industrial rafts able to be
hauled around the ocean, you have the ability to raise the anchors and
leave for freer waters.

It would be funny if Brin, in a future where more of the Google HW is
sea worth, decided to leave the harbor to better places.

Mirco