[ExI] Inflation graph

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 15:46:48 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Physics is clearly just as crappy [as economics]. That "law of gravity"
> clearly has loads of exceptions - balloons, birds, clouds. Clearly it
> cannot make good predictions with all those exceptions of buoyancy, drag,
> the Yarkovsky effect and whatnot.

Often that is true but sometimes there are important real life situations
where it is not, such as the motion of the planets. Economics can point to
very few real life situations analogous to planetary motion in physics.

> If you really think economics doesn't know anything useful [...]

That would be stating things a little more strongly than what I would be
comfortable with.

 John K Clark